Thursday, January 29, 2009

Music Award

Title: Music Award for Singing
Date: May 27, 1983
Category: Award
Current Status: Trophy Case

How cute... a "ribbon" with a copyright infringed image of Disney's Winnie the Pooh that celebrates singing and daily affirmations of self worth. Yes, by singing, it somehow makes me like myself. I didn't know it was that easy. I could have saved a lot of money on therapists if I'd known that singing in the shower could boost my ego.

I'm not sure where this award came from. I think we were already gone from Broadway Baptist Church by this point so I don't think it was there. We were probably at University Christian by that point where I had a year of youth choir lead by the illustrious Pummill family, the Von Trapps of Fort Worth. But, I don't think it was there either, because May 27th of 1983 was a Friday and we didn't do church on Fridays. Wednesdays and Sundays were church days... and two days of church was plenty. No, that leaves school as the only other option. The last day of school typically came around that time of May and awards day was the last day of school. So, this must be some goofy award from Little Elementary school, maybe even from the legendary Ms. Starnes!

It should also be noted that May 27, 1983 was my 8th birthday. That would have been 2nd grade and I do seem to remember the last day of school being on my birthday. It was like an extra birthday present!

No comments:

Post a Comment