Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mystery Item!!!!!!

Before I reveal what this is, can you guess? Hmmmm? What is this? What could it be? Is it chocolate? Is it a rock? A part of the Dead Sea Scrolls? It hung on my wall for years. Does that help? Do you give up?



Title: Piece of Cheese
Date: Sometime in the early 90's (probably 1992 or 1993)
Category: Food
Current Status: In the trash

That's right... this is a piece of cheese. Or at least, at one time it was a piece of cheese. Now it is a brittle, dark brown thing.
Why in the hell would I have this? Well, back during the 90's, Ray and I played a lot of tennis. We started haveing "tournaments" every time we played and the winner would get something stupid. This was the trophy in the legendary "Piece of Cheese Classic." Since it was an important reward, I put it in a Ziploc bag (Yellow & Blue make Green!) and push pinned it to my bedroom wall. It remained there for many, many years. It slowly turned a yellowish brown and dried out. At some point, it ended up in the attic and this is how I found it.
Ray and I had lots of tennis tourneys. Most of them were just the two of us. A couple of times, we managed to get an extended tournament with somewhere between 6 and 10 people and it was the annual "Abe Lincoln Classic." Those were pretty cool.
Man, I wanna play some tennis again!

Here's a closer picture of the current piece of cheese. It's still in it's original single slice cellophane!

No comments:

Post a Comment