Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Word of the Day: Embracery

Title: Word of the Day Desk Calendar Entry for 1/25/94
Date: I just told you that
Category: Calendar
Current Status: Recycled

Yeah, I probably should have posted this in 2 weeks on the 25th, but who really cares.
I used to get word of the day calendars for Christmas. I didn't mind. They were kinda interesting. I think I saved nearly every entry so you'll see many of them on this blog.
The word for January 25th, 1994 was "embracery." I have never heard anyone use this word in any context. According to my Mozilla Firefox spell checker, it's not in the dictionary. To me, it sounds like a Stephen Colbert word or something George W. Bush would say when trying to talk about hugging female diplomats. Actually, every time I say the word in my head, it's W's voice.
I now hate this word.
Actually, W and his boys might have actually tried embracery at some point during the last 8 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment