Monday, February 16, 2009

Jurassic Park Fry Container


Title: McDonald's Fry Sleeve featuring Jurassic Park
Date: 1993
Category: Collectible Food Container
Current Status: Do I hear any offers?

'Member when Jurassic Park came out and everybody went batpoop over it? There were freakin dinosaurs everywhere. McDonald's, always ready to jump on something that can sell more of their foodlike substances, pounced on the license and proceeded to put JP images on anything they could. Cups, Happy Meals, tray liners, and even these fry sleeves.

When the container is opened, it looks like a dinosaur is eating your fries!!!! WTF!!!!! OMG!!!! LOL!!!!

Sorry about that....

I think that's supposed to be a T-Rex, based on the fabulous info on the back. It's a pretty goofy looking T-Rex though... looks more like a non-fuzzy gremlin on the other side of of the apartment peephole.

I remember I liked the movie... then I read the book. If I had read the book before I saw the movie, I might have walked out before it ended. The book was much better. Of course, Crichton lost me when he resurrected characters that he killed in his first book for the sequel he wrote, Lost World, so he basically changed his creation to make the film that poorly adapted his book. Sellout.

No comments:

Post a Comment