Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Plaque Report Card

Title: Plaque Report Card
Date: Not sure
Category: Report Card
Current Status: Recycled

My childhood dentist was Dr. Phillip Bailey, who apparently still practices. (If you have kids that need a dentist, Dr. B has my vote). I think my parents knew him from somewhere before I started seeing him. Might have been Waco since I think he was at Baylor for dentistry about the same time my dad was there for his MBA. Of course, my parents history before I was born is a bit fuzzy. I think the beagle we had when I was born was in some way related to my parents knowing him, as the dog's name was "Beagle Bailey." Of course, it could just be a bad pun from an old Mort Walker comic strip.

At any rate, Dr. Bailey and I had a love-hate relationship. While I liked Dr. Bailey, I don't like dental visits because there is usually pain involved. So, we had this great thing where he would poke my gums with sharp metal objects and I would let him know in no uncertain terms how much I hated the dentist's office. Once, I even made him a copy of "Weird Al" Yankovic's "One More Minute" to completely explain my loathing. It was all in fun.

At any rate, here is one of my few good grades. While I rarely had cavities, plaque and I were on a first name basis. I usually got B's and C's. No doubt this one was saved because of the rarity with which my teeth were plaque free.

Sometimes I miss Dr. Bailey's office. They always had copies of MAD Magazine in the waiting area. Much better than Good Housekeeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment