Monday, December 29, 2008

Autographed Johnny Rutherford Card

Title: Autographed Giant Postcard of Johnny Rutherford

Date: Mid-80's

Category: Autographs

Current Status: Do I hear $1?

Johnny Rutherford was an Indy race car driver back in the 70's and 80's. He won the Indy 500 three times (1974, 1976, & 1980). He was also a member of the church I went to growing up, University Christian Church in Fort Worth.

That's really all I know about the guy. He spoke at church during a Wednesday night program and signed some autographs. I have no idea what he said, I just remember being excited at the prospect of a famous person's autograph, even if I didn't know who the heck that person was or why he was famous. He could've been talking about racing... or Jesus... or Jesus racing...he could've been talking about his favorite color of yarn for all I know. Typically, if I was inside church and someone was talking, I was immediately bored.

I actually grabbed a small stack of these things and kept them, but this is the only one I have that is autographed. I particularly like his Ken-doll like hair in the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment