Monday, December 8, 2008

Martin Warriors 1990 Football schedule

Title: Martin Warriors Football Schedule
Date: 1990
Category: Sports Schedule
Current status: The scrapbook folder

When I was a hardcore local sports fanatic, I used to staple team schedules to the wall and keep track of wins and losses. Cowboys, Mavericks, Rangers, Sidekicks... any team would do. So, when I got my hands on a schedule for my high school football team, it went on the wall as well. You can still see the holes from the staples.
I'm particularly enjoying the politically incorrect Native American head used. That wasn't what our logo ended up looking like so I'm not sure why it's on this thing.

The thing about Martin was that we usually sucked. We were terrible. We never won squat while my class was there and then after we left, they actually made the playoffs a few times. But we were awful. Fortunately, we had baseball, soccer, and volleyball where we could win state championships. But yeah, our football team was bad. I actually spent a week on the team, sort of, during two-a-days in 10th grade as a defensive back. I realized I was way out of my league and quit. I think the coach was just as happy.

Anyway, I kept track of the wins and losses for the varsity team (nobody cared about JV or sophomore). We managed a mediocre 5-5 that year, beating Sam Houston and South Grand Prairie, but losing, as usual, to Arlington and Lamar. yay, Warriors.

No comments:

Post a Comment