Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Rock n' Roll Paper Plate


Title: Total Foxes Set List
Date: 6/2/07
Category: Concert Trash
Current Status: In the dishwasher

Gal's Panic... one of the most awesome bands ever. An Austin based band from the 90's that had some ska overtones and waaaaaay too much energy.

In 2007, Jerm Pollet and Lance Fever got the band back together and played a reunion gig at Emo's in Austin. It was fantabulous. The wife went with me and while she stood in the back, I proceeded to worm my way through the pit and grab a front and center position in front of the band. I also managed to increase my tinnitus and become a disgusting glob of stinky sweat. But hey, it's rock n' roll!

There were three other bands on the bill that night: The Total Foxes (starring Jerm Pollet), The Catfish Hunters (featuring Jerm Pollet), and Dan Potthast (from MU330). I enjoyed all of it, and bought many CDs that evening. But that wasn't enough... oh no... I had to get autographs! I had nothing to write on of course, but fortunately, I found this paper plate that The Total Foxes put their set list on! I had to borrow a pen too, as I was horribly unprepared, but I got Jerm and Lance to sign one side and Dan Potthast to sign the other! Wheeeeee!!!!

I do remember the first time I saw them... they opened up for the Grown-Ups at the fondly remembered Mad Hatter's on Magnolia in Fort Worth. I thought they were crazy... crazy enough that I enjoyed seeing them again in Dallas at (I think) the Orbit Room. I don't remember much about that show except that Ray and I spent an hour or so sitting in the back of the club doing stupid crap. There was fire involved at one point... fire that should not have been occurring in the club.

I didn't get to see Gal's Panic when the did another reunion (fundraiser) show a few months back. *sniff* Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment